Thursday, August 24, 2006

that one desire I had

Dreaming and wishing is easy, whether you would achieve it or not is the question.

When I was young, I remember wishing and aspiring to study abroad. I remember dreaming about this when I was in high school. Perhaps I was influenced then by the Sweet Valley High pocketbooks I was always reading. Forward to the time when I was in college. I used to search the Internet and request for information to study abroad, searched for scholarships. When I graduated from college, I said perhaps a two-year course or Master's degree abroad would do fine. All this includes the possibiity of working while pursuing my studies. For 15 years, studying abroad always comes to my mind. I yearn to explore such possibilities... to experience living in another country on my own... to be independent... to go places and know more culture... to experience life more. But then, I realize it could not happen when I don't have the means. Well, maybe someday...I hope... or maybe, it was not for me.
And I guess it would be better if I would leave my aspirations here...

No comments: