Tuesday, August 29, 2006

loving him

(continuation...)

Knowing him, being with him had been exciting, challenging and heartbreaking. Often times I think about letting go, but it gave me reason to prove that what we have is really worth it. I remember the times when it had given me emotional turmoil, that I even regret knowing him.

I choose him over anything else and want to keep him with him. Yet, it never occured to me that he's the one for me. The thought of marrying never crossed my mind. Ironic. I had once wished to take care of what he already had, but then I realize that it weighs more than who I am. I found myself struggling to be his priority. Slowly, I had drifted. Resentment from what I had accepted.

A thought of having our own comes to my mind, thinking that it would change the situation. Life had given me what I had desired, but then I contemplated on what the future would bring. I knew the right thing to do. I would keep my angel as this person is the only one I have.

5 years ago I met the man whom I would share the rest of my life with. Our life is not a fairytale, it's the the type that would give you goosebumps. Amidst everything, we would keep this family. Praying that we would grow old together. Loving him is definitely a decision I had made.I had faced all the circumstances, all the pain that comes along with it. It would not stop here, there road is long, too many paths to take. I may not know how long we would stay. But I am happy for this love. A love not perfect, but real.

No comments: