Tuesday, October 24, 2006

those past love stories

Everybody has a first love, they have left in yesterday.
Feelings they have left behind,

it's just a place in time but not so far away.

Reading and hearing stories on past relationships and love lost gives me a totally different feeling I could not describe. How I wish there is such a thing as past-love-amnesia. Maybe the song "First Love Never Dies" of Seals & Crofts works for me. Maybe there are just certain incidences in the stories that is similar to mine.

I wish you love, I wish you happiness.
And may the years be kind to you.
You'll always be a part of me, share this thought with me.
I'll carry you always.

Memories makes me remember, memories that I wish would left me. It was 5 years ago, yet I could still recall every detail of it. My life is different now, afar from who I was before.

First love in my life. Where are you tonight?
I wonder about you.
First love in my life. Did things turned out alright?
I worry about you.
'Cause I've got everything, everything in life that I wanted.
It would kill me now and make me sad to know you are lonely.
First love never dies.

Maybe I'm just a fan of stories of love. Stories wherein they would realize that there is still love, yet it was too late. Stories wherein one would get married, yet he still loves the other girl. Stories which end with the guy saying to her past girlfriend the words "I married her, teaching myself, keeping in mind, that I married you" or the words "how I wish it had been you..."

Perhaps I could write my own story.
I should have written it years ago.
And I am being sappy.

----------

They say that your first love never dies
You can put out the flame, but not the fire
- Bonnie Tyler "First Love"

No comments: